Thursday, November 24, 2011

DIY: Canopy (bed and dais) and Dais (pelamin)

Hey you.
As I have blogged before, I make my own canopy for the pelamin and the pengantin room.
It doesn't turns out well at first coz I used a very soft wire, Then I changed it to a very sturdy wire-coated hanger.
Then only everything fall into place.
However it was done using the same way, only sturdier materials needed to make this.
Goodluck on making one!

U'll need:
Yards and yards of soft material, I used a see through curtain, no idea what, but I bought it RM9.00 for 1m and I bought 10m.
(for dais, I used 5m, and for bed, I used 4m. However if you wanna put it around bed, make it longer!)
Wire, preferably the hard type.
Pliers and ribbons, optional


Here's the picture after the first try out.

On the wedding day. My Aunt pin up the canopy as the kids are pulling it out. She was scared the canopy fall off on us!

The canopy, first attempt. So pretty! :)

On the wedding day. My Aunt add the purple backdrop cause too empty~ =.=" haha but anywayyy

First attempt on dais.

The first attempted wire. It's very soft and malleable, but not suitable for this project.

Twist one end. If you're using the hard one, do this by using pliers. 

Thread it through the opening. Oh yes, please sew all the way on the top.

At the end of the threading, twist the end of wire together. Mine (first attempt was much smaller) was like 3inch across, but after that I make around 8inch across.

Made this hooks to hook the canopy to the wall.

Here, I just hooked it up, and pinch the end that hooked up on the canopy smaller.

Taadaa. The hooks on their place

Top view

Next: how to hang the canopy! Make a loop, just like those cancer-ribbon thingy.

Insert the hook in the middle of the ribbon, put the end too, then pull it out

Tadaa~

Lastly, make a knot of all the ribbons, and hang it up!





The canopy during my engagement. miahaha. The backdrop, drops and the canopy looks like flat cause they were tied. Ahhhh. Whatever. =.="




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com